Although it was earlier reported that Nintendo would not be working on new updates to Super Mario Run save for a few bug fixes, this is not the case. Nintendo has revealed a new mode for its recently released game called Friendly Run. It’s now available via update for the game on iOS.
Super Mario Run’s Friendly Run mode is an asynchronous multiplayer feature similar to the game’s existing Toad Rally mode but with a few twists.
First, it lets you race against friends, not strangers. What this means is, you’ll need to have at least one player added to your friends list. Second, you won’t be winning any in-game rewards, rather you’re competing for bragging rights.
How to Play Super Mario Run Friendly Run
1. Add a friend. You can do this by going to the Friends List and tapping Link, Invite, or Add.
2. An invite is sent to the other person.
3. On accepting the invite you can play Friendly Run.
4. When a friend is added you can challenge them to a Friendly Run.
5. After doing this, simply tap the Run button to start.
Super Mario Run Friendly Run Play Limits
You get one try a day if you have not cleared World 1
You get three tries a day if you cleared World 1
You get five tries a day if you cleared World 2
Are you still playing Super Mario Run or are you waiting on better mobile games? Let us know in the comments.
We discuss Super Mario Run and what to expect when it hits a wider audience on Android. All this and more on Orbital: The Gadgets 360 Podcast.